Core Lesson Plan Development Course
This course assists core coordinators and instructors with developing lesson plans that promote the learning process and active learning. During this six-hour course, instructors will describe various instructional system design models, explain the difference between a course outline and a lesson plan, discuss the various methodologies that may be chosen to deliver course material, list the steps involved in writing a lesson plan, and guide students in the development of a lesson plan.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will have the knowledge and skills to:
• Explain the instructional system design process called the ADDIE model.
• Explain the differences between an outline and a lesson plan.
• Given a performance objective, choose at least three different methodologies
to use in a lesson plan.
• Given a performance objective, explain and utilize the 4 Cs model of instructional
For further information regarding this course, please contact your STC Core Field Representative:
John Prince (southern region) - (916) 322-1145 or John.Prince@bscc.ca.govcreate new email,
Mary Wakefield (central region) - (916) 324-9423 or Mary.Wakefield@bscc.ca.govcreate new email, or
Laurel Alvarez-DaGrace (northern region and private providers) - (916) 445-4330 or Laurel.Alvarez-DaGrace@bscc.ca.govcreate new email.
STC Quick Links
- opens in a new window Home
- opens in a new window Services
- opens in a new window STC Forms/Manuals & Resources
- opens in a new window STC Learning Portal
- opens in a new window Learning Portal FAQ's and Checklist opens PDF file
- opens in a new window ATP (Annual Training Plan)
- opens in a new window Become a New STC Provider
- opens in a new window Keys Conference
- opens in a new window Training Manager's Seminar (TMS)
- opens in a new window Manager Core Options and Registration
- opens in a new window STC Event & Training Calendar