Juvenile Justice Data Working Group, 2014-2016
|1||David Steinhart, Chair||Director, Commonweal Juvenile Justice Program & BSCC Board Member|
|2||Jill Silva, Vice Chair||Chief Probation Officer, Stanislaus County|
|3||Wayne Babby||Deputy Director, Office of Research, CDCR|
|4||Julie Basco||Chief, Bureau of Criminal Information and Analysis, California DOJ|
|5||Sue Burrell||Staff Attorney, Youth Law Center|
|6||Mike Ertola||Chief Probation Officer Nevada County & BSCC Board Member|
|7||Honorable Donna Groman||Los Angeles County Superior Court, Juvenile Division|
|8||Denise Herz, Ph.D.||Director, School of Criminal Justice & Criminalistics, CSU-LA|
|9||Sandra McBrayer||Chair, State Advisory Group on Juvenile Justice & Delinquency Prevention|
|10||Laura Ridolfi||Director of Policy, W. Haywood Burns Institute|
|11||Mike Roddy||Executive Officer, San Diego County Superior Court|
|12||Jim Salio||Chief Probation Officer, San Luis Obispo County|
|13||Dorothy Thrush||COO, Public Safety Group, Chief Administrative Office, San Diego County|
- Replace the Juvenile Court & Probation Statistical System, currently housed at the California Department of Justice.
- Consolidate all state-level juvenile justice data collection and reporting responsibilities into a single state agency.
- Expand the range of caseload and outcome data collected and reported at state and local levels.
- Make improvements to the Juvenile Detention Profile Survey, managed by the Board of State & Community Corrections.
- Establish a web-based California Juvenile Justice Data Clearinghouse.
- Establish a Juvenile Justice Data Development Task Force or Commission with responsibility for implementation of these recommendations.