California Violence Intervention & Prevention (CalVIP) Grant
Executive Steering Committee (ESC)
Meeting Location: Hank Lopez Community Center 1694 Adrian Way
San Jose, CA 95122
Thursday, October 24, 2019
9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Day 1: AGENDA ITEMS
- Welcome and Introductions
- Overview of the BSCC
- Role and Responsibilities of the ESC
- CalVIP ESC Timeline
- History of the CalVIP Grant: From CalGRIP to CalVIP
- Review of Authorizing Legislation
- Video Presentation and Q & A
- Thomas Abt: Following the Evidence: Violence Reduction Strategies that are Proven to Work
~ Working Lunch ~
- Public Comment*
- Review Issue Paper and Begin Development of Request for Proposals (RFP)
Note: Agenda items may be taken out of order.
*In the interest of time, public comment may be limited to 2-3 minutes.
Meeting Contact Information:
Please contact Field Representative Colleen Curtin at (916) 445-8066 or firstname.lastname@example.org new email for additional information about this notice, to submit written material regarding an agenda item or to request special accommodations for persons with disabilities. This agenda and additional information about the Board of State and Community Corrections may be found on our website at www.bscc.ca.gov.