California's SACJJDP is made up of Governor-appointed subject matter experts who are committed to enhancing the quality of life for all youth in California.
To serve the Governor, the Legislature and the people of California by promoting effective juvenile justice policies and programming in compliance with goals set forth in the Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Act..
- Strategy – a coalition of knowledgeable stakeholders and communities, current or former wards, and local elected officials
- Advocacy – a plan to prevent juvenile crime while providing treatment and rehabilitation for juvenile offenders
- Compliance – a means of monitoring program compliance and ensuring adherence with the core protections of federal law
- The State R.E.D. subcommittee uses intentional, collaborative and multi-faceted approaches to eliminate bias and reduce the overrepresentation of youth of color coming into contact with the juvenile justice system.
- The 2018-2020 Title II 3-year State Plan will be submitted to the US OJJDP by May 18, 2018 and will serve as the 2018 application for Title II grant funding.
SACJJDP Compliance Monitoring Annual Reports
SACJJDP Brochure - PDF
Laws & Regulations